Summer / Where We Work / Morocco
Morocco was called by the late King Hassan II “a tree whose roots lie in Africa but whose leaves breathe in Europe”.
Perched on the northwest corner of North Africa, a 30-minute ferry ride from Spain across the Strait of Gibraltar, Morocco was called by the late King Hassan II “a tree whose roots lie in Africa but whose leaves breathe in Europe.”
Give us a call and explore the various summer options in Morocco.
After a week of orientation, you and your team will move to the coast of Morocco where you will partner with a local university to teach English for about 4 weeks. Your students will be 12–18 years old and are eager to learn English in a fun, low-stress, environment so that they can get into universities in the future in this three-week intensive immersion class. Students stay for lunch at the school with fun activities or outings in the afternoon. You will hopefully work alongside local university students, creating an opportunity for cultural exchange and friendships with people your age.
June 23 – July 25
Orientation & Debrief will take place in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Food and housing
- International Travel
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And more!
At ELIC, we don’t want you to ever feel like you’re raising support on your own. We provide a wide range of resources to ensure you feel fully supported and well-informed throughout the process. Some of those resources include:
- A dedicated Candidate Advisor to walk through the support raising process with you
- A Support Raising Guide, specifically written by our staff for short-term service overseas
- Access to a support letter generator
- Access to support letter examples
- Access to an online donation tracking system that shows you how much you’ve raised, who’s donated to you and their contact information
- Access to an online platform that hosts a variety of helpful documents, articles and book suggestions
- A discounted rate to Provisio Fundraising Solutions – a third-party financial support-raising product
- Printed donor cards, business reply envelopes and stamps to get you started
Like the arabesque mosaics that decorate its buildings, Morocco’s Arabic and Islamic culture is an exotic mix of African, Bedouin, European, and Mediterranean influences that have melded together over thousands of years. You’ll catch the same fascinating mix of scents and fragrances at the doors of Moroccan homes and shops, owned by locals generous in their hospitality to wandering strangers. Relationships come easily in this North African culture with the Mediterranean feel, bonding in the classroom, over a cup of tea, or at a family celebration.
In 2014, Morocco’s Prime Minister announced that the country would switch from French to English as the primary language of instruction in higher education. Since that time, opportunities have been extended to ELIC to serve and teach in this beautiful and unique country that sits at the crossroads of Europe, Africa, and the Arab world.