Summer / Where We Work / Uzbekistan
Uzbekistan sits as the heart of central Asia
This former Silk Road country of nearly 35 million people is double landlocked in the midst of 5 other landlocked countries – Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, and Turkmenistan. This makes it the biggest crossroad to the Stans and the most diverse of all of them.
Give us a call to learn more about our summer teaching options in Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan, a former Soviet country and once at the heart of the Silk Road trading route, is at the crossroads of Central Asia. The country boasts a bustling capital city of Tashkent that is marked by Soviet and modern influence, all the way to the cultural capital of Samarkand in their southeastern region. In the city, you and your team will offer English programs to middle school and high school students at private school summer camps. These summer camps provide action-packed and fun ways to engage with your students, building relationships with them in class, during afternoon meals, through activities, and in your free time.
June 2 – July 6
Orientation & Debrief will take place in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Food and housing
- International Travel
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And more!
At ELIC, we don’t want you to ever feel like you’re raising support on your own. We provide a wide range of resources to ensure you feel fully supported and well informed throughout the process. Some of those resources include:
- A dedicated Candidate Advisor to walk through the support raising process with you
- A Support Raising Guide, specifically written by our staff for short term service overseas
- Access to a support letter generator
- Access to support letter examples
- Access to an online donation tracking system that shows you how much you’ve raised, who’s donated to you and their contact information
- Access to an online platform that hosts a variety of helpful documents, articles and book suggestions
- A discounted rate to Provisio Fundraising Solutions – a third party financial support raising product
- Printed donor cards, business reply envelopes and stamps to get you started
ELIC sent it’s first summer team to Uzbekistan in 2022. Since it’s success, we have been asked for MORE teachers! We invite you to consider the impact you could have this coming summer.