Summer / Where We Work / Vietnam
There is an ever-growing need for more English education in Vietnam.
At the invitation of the government and universities in Vietnam, ELIC teachers continue to enjoy positions of influence in their classes, campuses, and neighborhoods. We find that our students in Vietnam are eager to learn English and excited to be our friends and introduce us to their culture and country.
Be a part of impacting the next generation of Vietnamese students by teaching them conversational English and building intentional relationships. Play a personal role in shaping the future of these students in a country that’s changing in front of your eyes!
When you come to Vietnam, you and your team will spend the first week in a cultural exchange program with students. During this week you will have the opportunity to share about your culture, learn about their culture, build relationships, and participate in sightseeing activities. The following weeks will be spent in a provincial town teaching English to high school students who have much less access to English language learning—especially from a foreign teacher. Evenings are spent primarily with your team. Not only will you need the time to plan for the next day, but you’ll also enjoy a time of intentional community, fellowship, and reflection.
June 16 – July 19
Orientation & Debrief will take place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Food and housing
- International Travel
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And more!
At ELIC, we don’t want you to ever feel like you’re raising support on your own. We provide a wide range of resources to ensure you feel fully supported and well informed throughout the process. Some of those resources include:
- A dedicated Candidate Advisor to walk through the support raising process with you
- A Support Raising Guide, specifically written by our staff for short term service overseas
- Access to a support letter generator
- Access to support letter examples
- Access to an online donation tracking system that shows you how much you’ve raised, who’s donated to you and their contact information
- Access to an online platform that hosts a variety of helpful documents, articles and book suggestions
- A discounted rate to Provisio Fundraising Solutions – a third party financial support raising product
- Printed donor cards, business reply envelopes and stamps to get you started